I was reviewing a number of our previous projects (some more successful than others) and was reminded of a post from Joshua Porter titled, "Seven Reasons Why Web Apps Fail." Joshua wrote the post almost a year ago and I thought it was worth repeating the reasons. Check out the full post here.
- Too focused on social instead of personal
- Try to do too much, or solve too many problems
- Working hard to make someone other than the user happy
- They sell it the wrong way (i.e. focused on Ajax, tags, web2.0, soa)
- Not built to last, exit strategy is too obvious
- They show too much of what’s going on, and get gamed
- Their underlying business strategy does not improve people’s lives